9.3.10

Remembering B.I.G.


Every once in a while comes an unforgettable person who comes into the world to fulfill a purpose. In the short time he was here with us on earth, The Notorious B.I.G managed to raise the bar for Hip-Hop music and those who've followed him have since been competing with his spirit. “The best who ever did it” as they say, he meant a lot of things to a lot of people. To me, Biggie was the guy I had no business listening to at thirteen years old because I had no clue what he meant until I started watching Gangster movies and Shows like South Central on TV [too many gun and paraphernalia references]. However, once I “got it” though, Biggie became one of the most lyrically clever artists of my time, another reason I’m so in love with hip-hop and one of the best story tellers I’ve heard to date. R.I.P, B.I.G.

No comments: