30.9.09

A Dash of: My Maxwell experience

Ok, its taken me long enough to write this. On Monday night my girls and I clicked our heels and headed to Madison Square Garden to see the Black Summer's Night Tour featuring Chrisette Michele, Common and starring Maxwell. Unfortunately we missed Chrisette due to a parking situation in NYC (Story of my life) but had the absolute pleasure of seeing the talented, rapper Common perform some of his hits along with R&B artist Bilal {remember him?). Common certainly did his thing I especially enjoyed the great tribute to hip-hop he did! Then, after the crowd got amped up to Jay-Z' & Alicia Key's Empire State anthem... the sexy, beautiful, Illustrious half Haitian & Puerto Rican man walked out in a heather grey, double vented suit worn with a crisp white shirt and simple a black belt and shoe combo. But do not be fooled, just because he was dressed straight out of a GQ magazine advertisement didn't stop him from putting on a heart stopping show. The outro to his CD played as images of him surfaced on the screen and he appeared, as you can imagine, immediately Victoria Secret panties magically turned into slingshots!! He did all of my and your favorites! I'm talking all of them, from Fortunate, to Lifetime, to Woman's Work and almost everything on his new release Black Summer's Night. His voice is incredible and his band in one word Phenomenal. I’ve literally been waiting to see Maxwell in concert for like ten years and it was worth the wait. This was one of the best concerts I’ve ever been to and that’s definitely saying a lot. There's nothing like live music.

2 comments:

SunshineK said...

I SOOO Loved the concert myself sunshine! He is an amazing artist and I feel privileged to have followed him for all of these years!

Rosie B! said...

well put SunshineK! privilleged indeed, and sure did thank the fans for holding the torch for him! Gotta love humility :-)