1.10.09

Fly Music - Like it straight. No chaser.


It’s October! No, that isn't enthusiasm you hear, its shock. I mean, we hardly had a summer here in New York, everyday we were sort of “hoping for the best but expecting the worst”; this season truly dropped the bomb on us. However, G.O.O.D music is here with some heat for the fall season. Many of you are probably wondering who this random blonde guy in the car is so let me tell you. He is Ben Mclldowie and [his band] goes by the name of Mr. Hudson. If you were familiar with Kanye West's last album Heartbreaks & 808's he is on the track entitled Paranoid. His most recent collaboration is on BP3 with Jay-Z on Young Forever. Recently I did a Google search to find some more music from this band before I went ahead and blogged about it. I’d never want to Co-sign something for the hype or because it seems cool. I even have a three single rule for new artists; I have to love your first three singles or three tracks I’ve heard in order for me to purchase your cd. It is what it is. I’m no expert at detecting talent, but so far I like what I’ve heard. And at the risk of putting him in a “British pop band” from London box, the music reminds me Cold Play [alternative rock] with a jazz like edge. If you’re into any of those genres of music, you’ll dig it too. If not, open your mind, you never know. Mr. Hudson’s first single ‘Supernova” off their second release Straight, no chaser is out now featuring boss Kanye the album is in stores Tuesday, the 5th of this month.

4 comments:

N/A said...

once again, you've dropped a nugget of knowledge on me, Rosieb. Thankies! will defi be checking this out

Rosie B! said...

Nice!! always glad to be of service-I really digg him & he had me at paranoid...

Adina said...

Wowww, Paranoid is one of my faves as well as Young Forever...I must check them out! Great post :-)

Rosie B! said...

thanks, Adina the love is appreciated