17.5.10

RosieB. Styles


Some time ago I entered a contest for a chance to become a contracted http://www.piperlime.com/  stylist, and a possible chance to appear on fashion based reality show the “Rachel Zoe Project” on the Bravo network. While I  unfortunately didn’t place or anything, I did receive a lovely email from one of the editors encouraging me in my pursuit of styling. The contest challenged us a chance to show off our styling talents via http://www.polyvore.com/  while giving us three unique scenarios to work with and make our own. Humbled by my unexpected “honorable mention”, I just wanted to share one of mine with you guys:

Scenario: High School Reunion

…Since it’s been a long time and she’s grown up a lot she understands that being stylish doesn’t have to mean “showing off” or doing too much. I kept her look smart and seasonally fresh by putting her in: a strapless off white sequined silk chiffon belted dress to show off those amazing legs, metallic leather sandals, thick gold couture necklace then topped it off with the Angular shoulder fuchsia blazer for an unexpected wow factor. I added a simple black clutch to tie it all in and to hold the essentials, cell phone, lipstick, identification. This outfit is very appropriate for the occasion; it’s mature and sexy without being over the top. Put simply, it’s a touch of class, for the head of the class. (For information on where to get this outfit, please email me bmednard@gmail.com .)

No comments: