19.11.09

Posen Has Spoken


My favorite new American and fellow eighty's baby designer Zac Posen [aka The King of the red carpet evening dress, as per Vogue] is making a sportswear line for US retail chain store Saks Fifth Avenue! “Clap for ‘Em”! "We've had so much pressure from press and retailers to build out our collection into this more American sportswear look," "To me, it's more appropriate to build a whole brand and collection around this price point. Chic sportswear should be at this price point. Designer dresses and cocktail pieces should be at a more expensive price point" the New York native told WWD. He must have received all those letters, and emails, and smoke signals from me. Ok…I kid, I kid, but I really can't explain just how excited I am! Everything he makes is so FLY! So far this collection is set to feature everything from tees, to tanks to jackets and more. And for those who are worried about the quality of the items, Zac had this to say: "It's not Zac-for-less, it's not the little sister collection at all," said Posen. "The dresses - that's something I can do with my eyes closed. This is about a new identity...I treat a T-shirt as a T-shirt should be treated, with a lot of love." [Sweet!] And there you have it, the fashion will not be dumbed-down or denied! I can think of few people who will appreciate that.

No comments: