9.3.09

Unreal


ARTICLE:
Autopsy results show the bullet that struck and killed the Rev. Fred Winters as he delivered a sermon at First Baptist Church in Maryville went straight through the pastor's heart.

Madison County Coroner Steve Nonn said Monday that a Sunday autopsy shows Winters likely died within seconds of being shot at the Illinois church outside St. Louis.
Nonn is not commenting on the distance between the gunman and Winters at the time of the shooting or other investigative details.

The 45-year-old Winters was shot and killed Sunday in the front of about 150 worshippers in the church sanctuary. Illinois State Police say only that the suspected gunman is a 27-year-old from nearby Troy. His name is being withheld pending possible charges.

I can't even front, when I'm in church at times I feel like "when is this going to end,ugh.. if I hear how much of a sinner I am one more time...". Its wrong. I know it's wrong. I don't deny that. I love me some Jesus, and I know better than to have that attitude. But every once in a while, I do walk in with a sound mind and open heart and I am humbled and grateful for the getting through the week in good health and therefor motivated to fellowship with those around me. When I read this article, I thought of that feeling. What if this was you, at peace, listening intently, regaining hope or whatever you're lacking... how crazy would it be if someone had words with your pastor(which I've seen happen with mine)walked up to the pulpit and just shot him dead, straight through the heart? what do you do? What do you say? How do you attend your Church again? I mean in some reports it states that the people in the congregation thought they were in the middle of a skit- since after the pages from the Bible flew out like confetti once he tried defending him self with it until one of the the bullets shot hit him. It wasn't until the members realized he was hurt they attacked the jerk and held him down until the police got there... Could you attend your Church again if you witnessed this?

1 comment:

Just Nat-Ley said...

If someone killed the pastor @ MY church, I dunno what I'd do! The pastor is my DAD. Would my first reaction be to check on him and see if he's OK, or kill the attacker w/my bare hands? This is actually a recurring nightmare of mine...