9.3.09

Lesson learned - Just Do You

Here's my quote of the Week: "Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else's'." ~ Billy Wilder

You ever know someone who always gave you advice based on what they would do for themselves in their situation, according to their life, never really taking the time to really think about analyzing your situation and seeing what's best for you? I do. To me, most people can be like this because I think most humans are self serving and they naturally don't think outside the box cus their too busy thinking about themselves. Like alot of folks, I've found my self in some predicaments when I'm unsure of what to do or what next step to take and seek advice from friends & family. And it's not because I'm incapable of making a good decision all by myself like a big girl but sometimes things get so crazy & confusing it's almost like I just need an eye witness to make sure I'm not dreaming this stuff happening to me(trust; my life is a movie...) In any case, what I've found in life is that everyone and their mama has a damn opinion! Even when I'm just venting people like to make suggestions that aren't necessarily for me but for them. To be really honest,I know it's very easy for me at times to trust those who love me because I believe in my heart they don't purposely want to cause me any harm but I know because they aren't me they can't fully be looking out for me. I gotta do that. We all gotta do that.In the last year, I've literally had to re-teach myself how to trust myself again. And although that doesn't mean shutting every one's opinion down every single time they offer, it certainly means always referring back to what I initially felt in my gut verses what I've been hearing and is roaming in my head. I've learned first hand that getting caught in the hype is the worse way to go out. So my Point is, when i read this quote I think: Yes, people mean well with their advice mostly (cus there's always at least one hater), but at the end of the day, never forget who knows better and who the advice really affects, do you- I am.

No comments: