8.12.09

Music Fly- Anticipation Proclamation, December Edition

December is shaping up to be a good month for Hip-Hop and R&B music as I anticipate the release of these new albums! Alicia Keys. [Sigh] It's so serious that her name was the only thing I needed to say in that last sentence. Her talent is unparallel and there's no other piano playing, song writing, hip swaying, singer in her class. I'm a huge fan, and judging from the three new singles I've heard from The Element of Freedom [my favorite being "Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart"] I'll continue to be. I didn't doubt it; she had me at "I keep on falling". The Neptune affiliated rap Duo Clipse is back with “Until the Casket Drops” and while I can't say I’m their biggest supporter, I will say they're better than most artists out and I do like their style a lot. Sure they make a lot of paraphernalia references, but since they do it in the form of art, it’s all good. The multi-talented Chris Brown is making headlines with his third release Graffiti. His first album was a classic, the second one was just as great. I think the "I can transform you" single [and video] is one of the hottest out now and I am overtly in love with the song "Crawl". Glad to see Breezy's back, like he never left. What can I say about Robin Thicke? He's soulful, handsome, and has a great vocal range! I loved his second album Evolution so much I went on a mad hunt for the first one, you know, when he was sporting long tresses and a messenger bike? Yep. However, as of late, all the videos I've seen him in so far have me a little weary. I don't know man..."sex sells" but you're married to Paula Patton Mr., take it easy. I do suppose it makes sense though, considering the fact that the album is called Sex Therapy, right? We’ll see where this goes. The Queen of Hip-Hop Soul is here, Stronger than ever, you can’t deny the power of Mary J. Blige. She’s continuously been an artist that you can blindly trust with music. I know a bunch of people who feel like the music isn’t as good since she’s been drama free, but come on guys; you know we couldn’t handle TWO “Whitney Houston- like” situations, [insert screw-face here] so stop it.

1 comment:

N/A said...

i love love love the AKeys album cover. and i'll be waiting for your MJB review. though i love her, i haven't bought an album (not including internet free 99 theft) since Mary. i like my Mary with some pain on the side haha.