13.11.09

Glamour gives us Fly & a Flop



Without taking anything from her ability to cope with her issues or her incredibly beautiful Stephane Rolland ensemble, I just want to know who voted. Rihanna is one of my favorite fashionistas, no question. She does what she does and does it well. But honestly, prior to this "incident" with ex- Boyfriend Chris Brown, she hasn't stood out to me as a "pillar of the community" or "I am woman hear me roar" type, nor has she been entertaining us for that long, so what did she get this award for? I read on the Glamour Website that the iconic Iman presented it to her and mentioned in her speech Rihanna is becoming a spokesperson against domestic violence. Duly noted, but do people win Grammy Awards before their single is out? I'm just saying. I also read that Rihanna is Glamour's Cover girl for their December Issue. I should just end it here, right? But I digress; maybe what really makes this strange to me is the fact that she shares the spotlight with some of the most influential women in pop culture this year and in our time. Check out SOME of the players in the line up: Stella McCartney [awesome designer, animal rights activist,] Serena Williams [Founder of a Kenyan school, tennis star, writer] Marissa Mayer [Vice President of Google] Maria Shriver [woman's rights activist, California's First Lady] Michelle Obama [The First Lady, Children's rights activist, fashionista, hello?!] and THE Maya Angelou [no explanation necessary] I don't know, maybe they meant to give her best dressed I sure would've, she is killing this dress! You better work Rhi Rhi!

No comments: