24.3.09

Name Five Albums that Shaped you & Why?

I stole this idea from Vegas who stole it from China on twitter,its a simple question but I took it and ran with it.Anyway these are my answers:


Put God first in all that you do and he shall see you through. This is by far one of the Best Gospel Albums I've ever heard in my life! Lyrics are everything.These melodies really are from heaven, no lie. Makes you reflect, makes you want to correct some things,makes you grateful. Say what you want to me about Kirk Franklin, but when he wants to get a message across, it gets done.

MAN! All I know is, I was 13 years old and felt like I had been on the biggest, most powerful,soulful, most enlightening emotional roller coaster ever! And I STILL feel that way when I hear this Album.It's as timeless as the artist her self.

After mispronouncing his name several times while reading all his credits on everything Rocafella, I anticipated and fell into this album easily. Not only because every beat was contagious and excitingly atypical, but because this guy was talking about dropping out of college, overcoming adversity (the car crash we never stop hearing about)following his heart, taking chances. He was stepping outside the box and making a home there for himself-I loved it. As corny as it sounds his story always reminds me of just how far being comfortable with yourself can take you.

The talent. The singing. The rapping. The heartache. The love. The regret. The anger. The pain.The experience.Before I even fell in love I knew what it could do to me. Can't say she didn't warn us, right? this album is THE TRUTH.

When the Streets Is Watching movie came out I was listening to this(on the Low cus I wasn't aloud,and way too young for both the movie& album LOL)and I really understood where this guy Jay-Z was coming from, not because we had similar experiences, but because he painted a picture so vivid I felt like a piece of the art work myself.All I did that Summer was make rap tapes for my Walkman from my older brother's CD collection. In doing so, I got open- went back listened to the first one,AGAIN, and became a serious believer what I like to call "The Hov'ery"- when he said "they didn't really appreciate it til the Second one came out" he was talking about me [Hov voice] HA-HA:-/

2 comments:

Sincere said...

Jay-Z Reasonable doubt shaped me..
"To the death of us, me and my confidants, we shine
You feel the ambiance, y'all ni**az just rhyme
By the ounce dough accumulates like snow
We don't just shine, we illuminate the whole show; you feel me?
Factions from the other side would love to kill me
Spill three quarts of my blood into the street, let alone the heat
**** em, we hate a ni**a lovin this life
In all possible ways, know the Feds is buggin my life
Hospital days, reflectin when my man laid up
On the Uptown high block he got his side sprayed up
I saw his life slippin, this is a minor set back
Yo, still in all we livin, just dream about the get back
That made him smile though his eyes said, "Pray for me"
I'll do you one better and slay these ni**az faithfully
Murder is a tough thing to digest, it's a slow process
and I ain't got nothin but time
I had near brushes, not to mention three shots
close range, never touched me, divine intervention"


-Nuff Said

Sincere said...

Mary J My Life Album.. Crazzy
Keith Murray Interlude with Diddy in the back...
Catch this word this bubonic plague in yo head, back, chest, arms and legs. When I'm comin through grab your cranium fall altern atum son. I blaze subteranium. My subliminals mixed with winnable killables got more milk than syllabels

(Diddy in the background: A yo Chuck put on some of that smooth shit)LMAO Love it !!! Classic !!