27.2.09

In Honor Of

February has come to an end. In this short month that featured tons of fashion in NYC, love, great TV, and bitter weather... there was also significant black history to be recognized. If you know me personally, you already know that I share a Quote of the Day during the week with my friends (which I will also begin to share with you here in Blogger Land). Since the beginning of February I've featured quotes from extraordinary Black leaders,writers, actors entertainers..etc in honor of this historic month. Here are some of my favorites, Enjoy...

*If you have no critics, you have no success.- Malcolm X

*God and nature first made us what we are, and then out of our own created genius we make ourselves what we want to be. Follow always the great law: Let the sky and God be our limit and eternity our measurement.- Marcus Garvey


*We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists in the loved one, perfection.
- Sidney Poitier


*Hold fast your dreams, for without them life is broken winged bird that cannot fly.
-Langston Hughes


*I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will never forget how you made them feel.- Maya Angelou


*Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. - Harriet Tubman.

No comments: